Pregnancy update - 27 weeks


How far along: 
27 weeks, 6 3/4 months, 189 days

The last week of second trimester 



Symptoms:
Hormonal - so sensitive and emotional, back ache, leg ache and insomnia

Food Cravings:
Chocolate

For the first time in pregnancy so far, I'm not starving hungry all the time. Although, obviously, chocolate is a constant craving - I am woman and I am pregnant, need I say more...

Movement: 
So much

The little beeb is so strong now. M only has to rest his hand on my belly to feel the twists and kicks. You can see the movement now too - we spend most evenings and early mornings watching the jiggles and bumps. If only my ribs didn't exist, it would be as enjoyable for me as it is for baby. 

Gender: 
We're expecting a boy! 

Ah! So in love. I'm hoping he's all M - with my love for music. Lots of imaginative games, gigs and adventures. The colour palette for his nursery at the moment is baby blue, grey, splashes of gold, whites and creams. We're going with a wild/animal/nature theme. Lots of soft toys, books, a zebra rug and a cosy armchair are waiting to be assembled. 

Sleep: 
Not good. 

I've been waking up every hour or so, sometimes because baby is having a late night dance party, sometimes because my back is just so incredibly sore, or because I have crippling cramp in my leg and sometimes because I'm just so restless. Baby brain has made me paranoid and anxious - 'did I remember to do this at work', 'how should we arrange the baby's changing table', 'did I respond to so or so, I must catch up with them soon' , 'I really need to start doing more pregnancy yoga', 'what shall we do for christmas this year', 'how are we possibly going to afford christmas this year'. The brain does not stop. 

Stretch Marks: 
None

Sometimes I wish I could trade the back ache and insomnia for stretch marks, then again once I've got those mummy tiger stripes - I'm sure I'd go back on that wish rather quickly. 

Miss Anything: 
A really big glass of red wine 

Bloody hell I need it. I just have to make do with a few sips otherwise I end up feeling a little tipsy, then incredibly guilty for pickling the baby. 

Best Moment: 
Baby shower (featured in the last post), big mamas and papas shopping spree and getting a completion date for our new house! 

We went to a parents-to-be event at Mamas and Papas last weekend. I thought it might be one big sales pitch, but it was so great. There was a first aid talk and a talk on carseats. We also got a free rattle and lots of discounts. We ended up buying the pram, carseat, isafix, nursery furniture, a moses basket and extra bits and bobs. After months of researching it was so fun to splash out and actually purchase what we wanted. Such a relief on our bank balances as they offered huge discounts too. Which also means I've been able to do a little more shopping for baby than I expected this month. Eek! Jellycat soft toys and cutie sleep suits are my current obsession. Definitely not necessary, but totally worth it. 

Worst Moment: 
Last Friday

In addition to my breaking back and swollen ankles, I'm not quite sure what is happening to my mind too. Where is that bottle I used to put everything in?! I spent most of Friday in tears at work. I started chocking back tears when I picked up someone's latte by mistake at Costa, then when he told the cafe how unhappy he was about it. (Sorry angry latte man, it really was a mistake.) Then a hotheaded HR man had a little spat down the phone about an issue I didn't play a part in. I couldn't retaliate, like a punch bag, I just had to sit there and allow my colleagues to watch me crack into ugly sobbing tears. I spent the rest of the day triggered into tears as soon as someone said anything slightly offensive. 

I think the pressure at work, the commute, lack of decent sleep and organising everything at home has become too stressful. I'm like a ticking bomb waiting to explode into a blubbering pregnant monster. 

Looking forward to:
The house move

We've got a completion date for our new house and we can't wait to move already. All the baby's stuff is boxed and I'm so excited to get it all out and set up baby boy's nursery. Our rental house is slowly falling apart so we need to get out before more problems come up. We have one of those landlords who ignores all emails and calls, oh yeah, one of them. Looking forward to having our own home and not having to rely on a landlord.