Gender Reveal and Our Baby Shower


It's a BOY! 

M and I are so excited. M had his suspicions that we were having a boy, the old wives tales and predictions indicated otherwise though. I could never guess, but when we were sat in the hospital waiting for our 20 week scan appointment, I turned to M and confidently admitted 'I think we're having a boy'. 10 minutes later and it was confirmed. All the parents we idolise have gorgeous little sons, we're looking forward to having our very own. If he's anything like a miniature M, I'll be the luckiest gal in the world. 



A couple of Saturdays ago we had our baby shower. We celebrated our baby boy to be with family, friends, lots of bubbles and lots of cake. 

  

I hired out a corner of a pub in M's hometown, Kingston. We had a big spread of food - three cakes, cupcakes, brownies, popcorn, biscuits and lollypops. My mum made a toy box cake and alphabet play blocks. M's mum made a scrummy Victoria sponge cake and our 'sister in law' made the most amazing brownies. 

  

Our party bags were possibly my favourite part - we gave everyone a bag of salted propercorn, a blue lollypop, a miniature baby's bottle filled with blue sweets, a miniature bombay sapphire gin and baby blue nail polish - which was actually called 'it's a boy'! 

We had a onsie decorating station, a guest book, predicitons/wishes/advice cards, a foosball table and the rugby was on the tv. It was lovely and relaxed, though M and I found ourselves rushed off our feet trying to chat to everyone who came. We were overwhelmed with love, support and so many gifts.  

 

Our invitations requested that people brought a book instead of a card, and I am so glad we did this. We now have a shelf full of classics, personal favourites and more modern wonderfully illustrated books that have special messages from the guests inside the covers, we can't wait to read them with our baby boy. 


It was such a memorable afternoon. I'd highly recommend to any parent-to-be to have a baby shower. It's a chance to celebrate the exciting unknown ahead and to gather all of your favourite people together before the most important one arrives. I felt exhausted afterwards but it was so worth it. We are so in love with our family and friends.