New Year 2015

[Insert mandatory new year blog post] [insert cliché new year resolutions] [insert boast about the best moments and new relationships of 2014] [insert playlist of 2014 - of epic proportions]


Fuck it... I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

For most people, it takes a new year, a new four digit number on the end of their date line, to feel the urge to revolutionise their entire persona.
As if the countdown is going to instantly rid them of their venom. For me, it all began quite naturally at the beginning of this year and escalated from there. I smirk when I think about the previous version of, well, me. I am not to going to spiel off a hopeless list of promises as they're actually all done and dusted, but I will tell you this, I have learnt that I am fiercely independent. I am not one to dictate but I think you should learn this lesson too. There isn't a clock or label above your head. You can play the game guilt free or hurl yourself into irrevocable passion without a tarnished reputation to follow, no matter what they say. Kick out the nightmares, stop swooning and add a little extra sparkle to your smile. I feel I am lucky to be at an age and point in my life when I have no baggage or attachments, I let go of you, my career isn't hell or a heavy weight of responsibility, the world is one big fat oyster and there are still so many beautiful people to discover, so much work to be challenged with, cheese boards to devour and so, so many glasses of bubbles to drink. So when I am not splashing my new salary on champagne and a designer wardrobe (savings?! whatwhat?!), I am dancing around in ignorance, driving all the boys crazy. Fabulous huh?

The personal favourites/ most popular/ most overplayed (in a structured - abnormal - formal alphabetical boring order): Arcane Roots, Ariana Grande, Avicii, Bastille, Beartooth, Ben Howard, Blink 182, Bon Iver, Brand New, Bring Me the Horizon, Bruno Mars, Clean Bandit, David Guetta, Don Broco, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Eminem, Flume, George Ezra, Iggy Azalea, Imagine Dragons, Jeremih, Jess Glynne, Justin Timberlake, Kingande, Lower Than Atlantis, Marmozets, Milky Chance, MKTO, Mr. Probz, Olly Murs, Peace, Pvris, Shift K3Y, T.I, Taylor Swift, Twin Atlantic, Wretch 32, You Me At Six.

R.I.P 2014. Bring on the new year... cheers! x