Biffy Clyro and Brand New

Last week Michael and I scooted off to the O2 to see Biffy Clyro and Brand New. So I may have been almost 29 weeks pregnant, but nothing was stopping me. We booked seat tickets earlier this year when our baby bump was still our little secret so it felt strange to finally be there with a much bigger belly and so much more happening on the horizon, as if having a baby H and M wasn't enough to deal with at one time. 





As all my fellow grungie looking Biffy fans descended on the O2 and spilled out in the middle of the arena, M and I walked/waddled around the entire stadium to get our seats. I always use to frown at seated gig goers, I didn't see the point. I presumed there would be no atmosphere, no electricity and quite simply, boring. However... it only took me 2 minutes in my seat to soak up the luxury of it. You might not be able to go f*ing berserk and throw yourself around the mosh pit - but you don't get tired and sore, you get to take in the entire atmosphere, the lights, all the sound, you can actually see the artists on stage, finish your drink without it being tossed in the air, then watch the mosh pits churn up and explode.

Luckily we were surrounded by fellow fans who sang along and occasionally stood up for a more intense sing along - with empowering arm thrusts into the air.


Brand New played a raw moody set to start up the night. It was incredibly nostalgic, taking me back to times long before M was around, when my heart ached and their lyrics serenaded my confused little head. Jesse Lacey's vocals are just as strong live as they are on record. A few hardcore fans congregated at the front of the crowd, howling every 'yeah!' and poetic lines, otherwise the rest of the attendees were evidently waiting out for Biffy as they received polite applauses and whistles.

The stage was set up with giant bright white frames and fancy laser lights, then Biffy Clyro graced the stage to an almost packed out arena without any delay. Dressed up in clothes every lady in the arena sighed a little. We didn't get through the first song without 'take your top off!' whistled out. I've seen these boys a few times through the years and it's safe to say Biffy's gigs are tight and fun. Clean cut right off the radio into an arena, these guys know how to replicate key notes and vital chords that the crowd are itching to hear. Oh and don't worry, we all got to see Simon Neil's tattoos ;)   

Baby boy bump used my belly as a mosh pit. There were definitely some air guitar performances, head banging and kicks along to the drum beats. I managed to distinguish that he likes melodic riffs the most. I turned to M somewhere between Bubbles and declared that I love our boy so much already. How could I not, clearly he's going to be my bestest friend. He's already been to Reading Festival, now two of my favourite bands, but this is just the start little one!