Winchester

I just ate a strawberry cupcake for breakfast and spilt coffee beans all over the kitchen floor.


Feeling the song, party done. Shadows walking home, walking with our game on. You are my kind, classic mind, and you look so fine. Loving the cold, smoke a roll. See your fingers shake. I'm getting through your heart break. 

Lots of things are happening on May 27th this year, don't forget to mark your calendars. Flume is set to release his new album, Winchester are gigging in Guildford and I am turning 25 years old (holy f*).



When you say it like that, oh, you got me falling right back.

The days have been slow recently. I had a long battle with 'the fear' and an emotional comedown this weekend as a result of too many bubbles and gin. I think midweek catch ups with old friends need to be better scheduled. I'm feeling grateful to have an extra day to myself this bank holiday. Shaking off all the sour feels with some good music.

Winchester, a trio worth following if you are partial to a bit of atmospheric, riff heavy alt rock. Their music is mapped, written and produced ingeniously.

Their tracks are clean and fancy, but they're raw and honest. Within the dynamics there are intricate riffs and contagious beats. The lyrics are beyond the girl next door or getting high on a Saturday night, but they're not going to get your eyes rolling north either.

Frontman Adam has an attractive pitch to his vocals that smoothly surf the hooks and melodies of the complex instrumentals played by Scott and Guy. A clever equation of skills, there isn't anyone in the shadows or limelights broadcasted, every element of their sound is made up of each member. Unlike some drummers and background strummers littered through the music scene today.

They set themselves apart from the rest of the alternative crowd in my library. I mean, I keep saying they're incomparable to other bands, but I guess Lower Than Atlantis and Arcane Roots are the closest match.

I haven't managed to catch these boys live since one of their very first gigs. They're pretty incognito, at the moment, but rumour has it Winchester are hot on stage. Their potential is massive and like a hungry puppy, I'm excited to see what happens next.