Sufjan Stevens

After slumming it at my boyfriend's flat for a couple of weeks, the other day I urged myself back to my own derelict bedroom. I was bewildered with inspiration to shake off my work uniform, grab my sketchbook and sink my teeth into some beautiful newly discovered songs.


Fighting the creeping dark clouds of depression, I need to keep my mind wondering. Just to let it wonder somewhere away from here. 

It was lovely to be back in my very own territory. It's an ordinary room but with lots of homely comforts, my treasures and possessions. Photos, books, clothes and my sketch book, all scattered around. A dream catcher dangles in the window. 

I found myself wrapped up in a white fleece blanket, hot chocolate in one hand and my blog in the other. Purely in my midweek element. 

Sufjan Stevens was playing, is playing and will play.  I rediscovered him by sweeping through my previous iTunes on my old dusty laptop (windows operating system - bleugh!) I am so pleased I took the time to investigate, to come across his kooky wistful songs again. Even though I intended to look for 'new' songs. 

Banjo, bluegrass, acoustic spiritual themes and electrical twangs make up Stevens compilations. He has produced quite a collection of dreamy ballads over the years that will make the tips of your nerves tingle. 

If there's anything to say, if there's anything to do, If there's any other way, I'll do anything for you. 

Now that time continues onto the weekend, I continue to distract my mind. The dark clouds are almost overcast but when it starts to rain I need to look for rainbows and when it is finally pitch black dark I need to look for stars.