BMTH & BFMV live

I question the reluctance I had when I was sat in burger king munching on a cheeseburger, tossing up whether to go to the CIA to watch Bullet For My Valentine. When I got there, the arena was packed, yet not sold out, swarming with people of all ages, elder mohawks and baby moshers. Soaking up the enthusiasm from the crowd, all my disinclination was subsiding and I was ready. Bring Me the Horizon ran on stage, apparently making a record of receiving no ‘boos’ and blasted their way through a rousing set. The dead were moshing to their malevolent break downs. A love them or hate them scenario, personally I don’t think Oli Sykes is so bad with his strangulated roaring, it’s unique?... Later, a bottle battle starts amongst the heart of the crowd when anticipation spills for the headliner. The house lights dim, the red curtain falls and we are faced with a giant Welsh flag. An explosion of flying bodies and pyrotechnics welcome home Bullet For My Valentine, who grace the stage with high speed riffs which pluck on our bones. Parading around various platforms, Matt Tuck sang his vocals effectively and succeeded in giving Michael Paget a few solo spotlights too. The set list consisted of old and new material, featuring oodles of songs from their 2010 release Fever. Humble, veteran and prepared, these boys are made of heavy metal.