The Fanciful Discords Reader

Dear Fanciful Discords reader, Dear you
Hi. Hey. Hello. I’m back. 


I want to play, but I don’t want to lose.

6 months into the year, and life has continued to loop up and down. I can still feel the shifting in my bones.  But I’m right here, more desirable, tenacious and irrevocably sparkling.


I’m going to step up and take the risk.

Today I’ve got a new playlist to keep my head above the waves of an emotional Sunday comedown / hangover from a 72hour boozer.  It was inevitable but I wasn’t prepared.

It’s a mixed palette, washing away the depression and damage to my liver, heart and dignity. Boo – hoo.

I’ve been trying but I just can’t quit because I let you get inside my head. I can’t say no, I can’t say no to you.

This new music menu accompanied the train home, echoed through the kitchen whilst I baked cupcakes (which was an absolute disaster) and then it was plugged into my tired little ears whilst I sat in the bath, and let hot water swallow my body in clean fresh heat. Safe to say it’s been on replay a few times and when I’m not listening to it, it’s twirling around my head anyway.

The content includes the floral elastic magic of Chvrches, gothic pop from Pvris mixed with our gal Taylor Swift, the new * whisper * Derulo, Jeremih, the whimsical Passion Pit and BΓΈrns, Skrillex and Justin Bieber’s new squeak. Also, Lewis Watson, which really hits the spot.

Under water time is standing still, you’re the treasure, dive down deeper, still, all I need is you.

Tea, cupcakes and Netflix aren't improving my situation, not even a long sweaty run will do the trick. The week has come to an end so quickly and I am terribly confused. As I press play one more time, I just want to rest my head on your chest and listen to the beat of your heart.