The Playlist | September 2014

It is so nice to be home. After living in 9 different places by the age of 23, you forget what it feels like quite quickly.

It doesn’t necessarily make me any happier, as I know what I want in order to be happy now. That is you, by the way.  Every day is a battle to strengthen my patience but my will to wait is tenacious now. 

So where are you now?


Whilst enjoying a mug of soy cappuccino – fixing the damage caused by glasses of Tom Collins and Champagne, I have had a good look through my iTunes and I have realised how much of a huge mess it is.  A pretty fantastic mess never the less.

Music either carries your most important memories or none at all. I think the secret is to listen to more music and less advice. It’s interesting to see the story my ‘most played’ portrays, the times of sheer panic and the wishful dreams.

Falling from high places, falling through lost spaces

To add to the variable collection I’ve got the mandatory free U2 album, no thanks apple. I would never normally refuse a free album but when I switch on shuffle and Bono starts crooning out my speakers, it just bores my ears to deafness.

I have a shopping list of new music. I just need a bit of pocket money to acquire it all.  Watch this space.

Because you know I’m all about that bass, about that bass, no treble

I only have one created playlist, named Snazzy, consisting of pre-drink songs that range from tacky Cash Cash – Take Me Home to Sean Paul to gutsy Muse – Panic Station. My inner music snob is ashamed, but when I am drowning myself in gin for a chance to get you out of my head, then I can justify the electronic plastic cheese.

If loving you kills me tonight, then I was ready for death the moment you said hello