The Playlist | May 2017


I started this week with a cold and a couple of sofa days, maximising our Netflix subscription with bottomless cups of tea. In reality, running out of social media feeds to entertain myself with. Pregnancy did my immunity a favour so this is the first time I've been ill for a long time. Arlo has learnt how to smile now so occasionally he just chuckles at me whilst I suffer (thanks bud). 

I'm just updating my music library, hoping the dulcet tones will soothe my headache. As if I'm on maternity leave and I haven't found the time to do it otherwise. Baby is life.




Secret Company - Saviour
Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Wildfire
LANY - ILYSB
Alt-J - In Cold Blood 
Oh Wonder - Without You
Hollow Coves - The Woods
Little May - Boardwalks
Seafret - Breathe
Elle Watson - Walls
Flora Cash - This Breeze
Bon Iver - Holocene
Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Letting Go 


Vancouver Sleep Clinic's latest album Revival has been replayed a few times. Always seductive and friendly. Killing Me to Love You and Someone to Stay were on my labour playlist - I think I heard them just before my waters broke (sorry if that was too much.) I'm still discovering better tracks on the album - as if they're growing in my mind like blooming flowers. Since seeking everyone's attention with the first internet sensation Vapour, Tim Bettinson's work is consistently emotive and unforgettable.

Also worth a mention; Pvris, a super catchy rock band and former obsession of mine (I had a brief chat about them here) have started promoting their new album, All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Is Hell. The first track Heaven was released yesterday, along with a shiny new video. Though I'm sure they've evolved from their last album White Noise, it'll be exciting to see if they reach the high bar they set with songs such as St. Patrick. The new album will be released in August.

AND Creeper. Not the norm, not my usual style, but I absolutely love their song Black Rain. It is such a shame I didn't have this a few years ago when I needed to blast out my broken heart with a stomper such as this one. Hiding With Boys and Misery ain't bad either. Admittedly I haven't listened to their album Eternity, In Your Arms in it's entirety (here come those excuses about the baby again.) One day I will give their whole album a decent listening to and I'm sure I'll love every second of it.

As for the rest of it, I'm still revisiting some favourites. Lots of chilled, lots of ambient and lots of alternative. Holocene by Bon Iver? Yes please. It doesn't get old.

So if you're like Arlo and I, once you've brewed the coffee, fall back onto the sofa with some good music on and let some hours drift by.

No comments :

Post a Comment