Spectrum live

crawling around the back streets of south London in a taxi
"where am I dropping ya' giwls?"
"that carpark..."
"bloody hell where you going?!"
"SPECTRUM mate"



Following a group of people down a pitch black alley under a derelict bridge, I did feel part of a secret members club, underground and extreme, only to turn the corner and find the club had hundreds of members.. 10 minutes until Skrillex' set and there's still a queue in front of us. I look around impatiently, only to see "YES! OH MY GOD!" Sonny Moore himself running past and waving as he dives into the gloom of the warehouse. Admittedly starstruck my gang finally get in and we rush through the gritty brick arches to be faced with wide eyes, moving bodies, lights, bass, screws and beeps. " my name is skrillex, my name is skrillex" Ladies and Gentlemen the new dub genius has finally touched down in Europe. He won't be less than a thunderous success, but i'm sure you didn't hear that from here first. Chugging drops and shimmering squeaks like baby balloons echo around us and the audience dance, mosh, bounce and smile. The playlist consisted of extended hits and brand new tracks. All of which flowed nicely, apart from a couple of pauses in the set to, literally, save some kids life from the acidic riot. "Thanks London man!! This is amazing man!!" We know Sonny, we know. Also on the nights line up, 16 bit, Ms Dynamite, Pendulum, Delta Heavy, Doorly, Joker and Modestep were class acts. Maintaining a crowd, varying in quantity but never lacking the quality of rave.
Now let me hear the bass.
8am. Kept awake by a sniffle of spice & I can still hear beats and beeps slithering around in my brain like little neon worms.